Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dreaming..........




it's the time of the year when my mind gets the best of me and I spend more time in the pub then being productive.I think about riding and how much longer i'll put up with bullshit winters and trade them for the Southwestern United states.I'm a few weeks away from having access to a garage that will have more room to tinker with my bike and a few weeks away from spending afternoons drinking beer into the early evening with friends in the shop.

There is a little place in Southern Az. called,The Shady Dell...it's a trailer park full of 1950's airstreams not to far from the Mexican border and not too far from Tombstone.I often find myself dreaming of settling for a simple life,being a small town barber,grilling everyday,drinking beer on my fake grass next to my lawn flamingos,shooting guns at nothing and not worrying about a goddamn thing but,only my bike my dogs and beer money.

There is something cathartic about the desert but there ain't no way to make enough money to live or afford expensive hobbies, unless you dip into a little illegal activity.This other photo is just outside of Vegas....115 degrees on the strip and 30 at the top of this Mountain...it's a perfect place to bury a dead hooker,nothing but Joshua trees for miles around....

I use to see this pan floating around the midwest,then I saw it on ebay...I wonder where its at now....

No comments:

Post a Comment