Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bucket List

Its not a secret that one of the top ten rides in the U.S. is around Lake Michigan. I remember reading an article some years back about this and its always been on my mind since.

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/rideanddest/0508_crup_motorcycle_touring_lake_michigan/index.html

My Dad turns 60 this year, has a new top end in his bike after 40,000 miles on the old one, and told me this is one of the things he would like to do. Well, me and him both.He has 5 weeks of vacation burning a hole in his pocket (lucky guy) and needs to take em. We picked our dates, he put in for his vacation...done. The plan is to head east on the weekend to avoid traffic around the IL/IN border. Were not blast through a 1,000 mile trip in 3 days, were not gonna drink whiskey outa some river rats infected belly button, were not gonna camp on tarps eating sardines outa tin cans......... were gonna take our time, see the sights, eat at all the good local hang outs, and most importantly, sit back, log on some good miles and enjoy life. Our trip will end 6 days after our departure with a stop in Milwaukee for Rockerbox on Aug 6th? I guess this means I gotta finally suck it up and buy a decent camera. If anyone has any suggestions of towns along the way let me know. I think we are gonna spend a day or two up near Sturgeon Bay, but other than that, we are just gonna wing it.

5 comments:

  1. what?! gonna miss r4yl 3.0! sounds like a great trip, have fun man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya dude, Its so hard to plan shit without it interfering with other rides/events/real life shit etc. We hope you guys can make it to Violation Tour at least...Otherwise, Ill be at R4YL 4.0!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure you hit the leggs Inn for food in Cross Village its by the Mackinaw Bridge and then you can pick up the Tunnel of trees right there.Which is a tunnel of trees for about 20 miles along the lake. I do this trip every August and I have found? It's best to go up through the UP so your lane is always on the Lakeside....You and your pops will have a awsome trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah i know, just bustin ball. VT is a priority this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bass, I'm gonna take you up on your tips. Can't wait. Thanks

    ReplyDelete