Saturday, February 6, 2010

Namesake

I sometimes have a tendency to remember people by the bike they ride or car they drive, "Jimmy who? Oh, the green panhead - yeah wudda bout him". I knew Chris' bike a couple years before I even knew him. His was the first SPS bike I had ever seen in person, I loved it. I've been a fan of SPS for a long time and was a fan of his scoot right away. I took this shot at the HCPU in '05, my first encounter with his scoot (notice how shiny cleen it iz):



Now, I'm also a fan of Chris too. He bought me a burrito last night. ;)~ This shot was of me n Andy freezin' our asses off heading to this years HCPU:



The pic of that cold ass ride brings back some memories. One of the coldest rides home ever for me. Keeps me pining for that warm summer South Dakota air. I took these pics riding thru the Black Hills:



Yummy!:

2 comments:

  1. A couple months to go for that nice breeze again. I can't believe how nice chris's bike looked back then. Now it looks like a stripper who has been dancing for 20 yrs and smoked 3 packs of pall malls a day. But it now shows chris has rode the fuck out of her and doesnt plan to stop...... unless oh.... BUEL?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn!!! My bike looks like it has been through a war since 2005. One day it will be restored back to the prestine shape as it once was. The 2005 HCU had some good memories for me. I camped outside the gates after the show and got this 20 year old stripper from Paulies that I brought with me drunk on wine and jaeger. I got laid and got about 2 hours of sleep. We packed the tent and road home the next morning while it started to snow. It was one of the best weekends I have had on my bike. True Story

    ReplyDelete